Published on:

USCIS Introduces TN Filing Option

USCIS is now offering a new filing option for Canadians who are outside of the U.S. Effective Oct. 1, 2012, USCIS began accepting TN filings at its service centers. Currently, USCIS only accepts TN filings from those present in the U.S. who wish to extend their TN status or change their current status to TN. Canadian citizens will continue to have the option of applying for admission in TN status at a port of entry with U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP).

Additionally, please be reminded that Canadians who are outside of the U.S. also have the option of filing an L-1 petition with USCIS. They may also apply for L-1 classification and admission by presenting the L-1 application to CBP.

Contact Information